SSC, CHSL, CGL, BANK, RAILWAY, TET, CTET, NET, SET And Others exam Important Geography For Question
1. Albania and Serbia are located on what peninsula?
Ans : Balkan
2. What is Pakistan’s longest river?
Ans : Indus River
3. What strait divides Morocco and Spain?
Ans : Strait of Gibraltar
4. By surface area, what is the largest of Africa’s great lakes?
Ans : Victoria
5. What country is often described as being shaped like a boot?
Ans : Italy
6.What is the largest island in the Mediterranean Sea?
Ans : Sicily
7. What canal connects the Red and Mediterranean Seas?
Ans : Suez Canal
8.Which is the world’s largest orphan & abandoned children charity?
Ans : SOS Children’s Villages UK
9.Island Aviation Services is the Government run airlines of ?
Ans : Maldives
10. In which country is the Hillary-Tensing Airport situated?
Ans : Nepal
11. Name the country which is the cradle of western classic music, known as ‘The land of music’?
Ans : Austria
12. Which country is the leading egg producer in the world?
Ans : China
13. Which gorge in Nepal is deepest in the world?
Ans : Kali Gandaki Gorge (Andha Galchi)
Ans : Iran
Ans : Tanzania
Ans : Colorado River
17. What name is given to the northeast part of China?
Ans : Manchuria
18. What is the main island of Japan?
Ans : Honshu
19. In what city is the Brandenburg Gate located?
Ans : Berlin
20. In what country would you find the city of Limerick?
Ans : Ireland
21. What well-known mountain pass connects Pakistan and Afghanistan?
Ans : Khyber Pass
22. What volcano exploded in 1883 with the force of 200 megatons of TNT?
Ans : Krakatoa
23. Old Tr-afford stadium is located near what major city?
Ans : Manchester
24. Ceylon is the former name of what country?
Ans : Sri Lanka
25. What city was once called New Amsterdam?
Ans : New York City
26. What valley is the site of the Earth’s highest-ever recorded temperature, 134°F?
Ans : Death Valley